What can be more comforting than curling up with a good movie and a big bowl of popcorn to relax and unwind? Most of us can agree that we need to take a little more time to enjoy the time away from the pressures of life, and with this Wild Porcini Popcorn recipe you will have the perfect excuse to take that little break. The rich nutty flavour of porcini coupled with the butter and parsley make for a luxurious popcorn not too miss. Move over kettle corn, there is a new crowd favourite coming around.
West Coast Wild Foods’ porcini mushrooms are sustainably harvested from across the Pacific Northwest and are dried using our special process to seal in their flavour. Our mushroom powders are perfect for many recipes, but with this popcorn recipe, the Porcini Powder gets a chance to take centre stage.
Don’t forget to tag @westcoastwildfoods on Instagram when you post your take on this recipe. We might even share it with our followers!
Serves: 2 people Prep Time: 1 minute Cook Time: 5 minutes
- ¼ cup vegetable oil
- ½ cup popcorn kernels
- ¼ Porcini Powder
- Pinch of parsley, finely chopped
- Pinch of salt
- Add the vegetable oil to a large pot and heat over medium heat
- Once hot, stir in the Porcini Powder and popcorn kernels to evenly coat all ingredients
- Place the cover on the pot, and shake constantly to keep the powder from burning
- Remove from heat when popping has slowed to once every 2 to 3 seconds
- Continue to shake for a few minutes until popping has stopped
- Pour into a large bowl, and allow to cool
- Finely chop the parsley and set aside
- Sprinkle a pinch of salt and parsley over the popcorn
- Serve and enjoy!
Tip: Our mushroom powders need to be cooked before being consumed, so ensure you add the Porcini Powder to the butter when popping the corn and not sprinkle it overtop the popcorn once popped.
If you like this recipe and want to stay up to date with all the new recipes published each month, then be sure to subscribe to our newsletter below.